Tuesday 4 February 2014

In Hindsight...

Today's post is meant to be a reflection; looking back at my 5th post ever on this blog, over 8 years ago, I can't believe how quickly the time has flown.  I can vividly remember all of the experiences I describe in that post, and how exciting all of the mundane elements of life were, my first week living in the UK.  The individual bits and pieces aren't as important as the overall experience, and the small things were key.  This is probably why my writing has slowed down.  All of the little new experiences have just morphed into the everyday. The expat experience isn't as exciting to write about anymore, as it's just normal life these days.

3 comments:

TheYvetteRene said...

I can only imagine how my blog will morph into something completely different in another 6 years! The more time that passes, I post less and less. I'm hoping that I can begin to change the purpose of my blog over time and hold everyone's interest.

Kelli said...

"The expat experience isn't as exciting to write about anymore, as it's just normal life these days." This is exactly why I wanted to do this challenge- I wanted to find that excitement again.

Samantha said...

I've had the same experience. Once, you settle into life... everything seems more normal & my blogging has fallen to the wayside as well. That is why I decided to do this expat blog challenge.